Week 39! He’s here!

Kellen Clay Siems was born at 8:08 this morning! He weighed 7 pounds and 5 ounces and was 20 inches long.
It’s been a long 24 hours. Yesterday I started having contractions at around 4pm but figured it was just fake contractions again so I continued my shopping at Hobby Lobby ?. When I got to Kohl’s I was feeling pretty crappy so I decided to just go home and take it easy. At around 7ish my contractions had stopped for a full hour and then around 8pm I was getting contractions every 5-7 minutes. I called the hospital and asked if I should start thinking about coming in but since it was my first pregnancy they told me it was up to me. Around 11pm my contractions were every 3 minutes so I went to pick up Cody from work and we went to the hospital. I was only dilated to 2cm and after a couple hours of observation they sent me home. 30 minutes after we got home my contractions were unbearable and I was pretty sure my water broke so we went back. I was checked again, and definitely lost my water at that point, and I was dilated to 6cm. At about 5am I started getting the urge to push and was pushing for 2 1/2 hours before my doctor showed up and really got me into gear. She had Kellen out within 30 minutes and thank goodness because I was exhausted and ready to throw in the towel. I didn’t have an epidural and I only got half a dose of fentanyl before the pushing started. I don’t know how I did it but somehow I pushed through.
Since I was GBS positive they’ve been monitoring Kellen every 4 hours but he’s been perfect with no issues. Everyone is healthy and slowly recovering from pulling an all nighter. I think out of everyone, Cody is scarred the most ?. He watched everything including Kellen emerging and he said he’ll never be the same.
My doctor said I’ll probably be good to go tomorrow but they’ll more than likely want to keep Kellen until Friday to monitor any possible GBS symptoms.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *